Friday, November 20, 2009

First Turkey


This was my first turkey shot in my own backyard during spring shotgun of 2009. Dad and me had heard these turkeys just about every morning. I setup on the feince line and waited. once I heard the first gobble I started calling them in. they came up behind me and crossed the feince at the top of the hill. I waited for a chance to get my gun up. I got the bead on the bigest one and shot.
Now I've been told several diffrent ways to go about this next part. You can just let them lay and die or you run out after them. I choose to run after mine. I wish dad could have been sitting on the back porch with a video camera. I could only imagine how fuuny i was running up and down this hill after this bird. As soon as I thought I had it down it would take off again.

2 comments:

  1. that's funny and one way to get your excersise in.
    love your new blog and enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool site. i like all the stories. i'd like too have seen you running all over that hillside too, where's a camera when you need one?
    i'm going to put this site on my VOICE blog, your other one icecaz locls up my computer everytime i log onto it.

    ReplyDelete