Friday, November 20, 2009

First Doe



This was my third deer but my first doe. We had all gone back to granny Massey's after dropping of a couple deer at the processor's. After a good nap I had decided to walk up the ridge, I had never hunted this farm and didn't know it all that well. Just what Tuto had told me about it. I made it to the top and found an open Field where I thought this would be a great spot. Well no sooner then I found a good spot and had cleared off a place to sit, I spotted a nice doe on the other side of this wood line. So I let he walk out. She started to my side of the woods line. I call to her, she paused and I got her in my scope. she started again so I called to her again, and she stopped so I fired and she fell with her feet fling up in the air. unlike my buck I knew she was down.
Now killing this deer was the easy part. I was so far back in the woods that dragging her out by myself I knew wasn't going to happen. So I went and got my $800 4-wheeler and threw her on the back rack. Now any less of a rider may have not made it out of there. But I did and pulled right up to the front door for granny Massey could see it. She didn't believe me when I told her I had got a buck. I brought proof this time.

1 comment:

  1. got that four wheeler just in time,huh,
    Good shot!

    ReplyDelete